Saturday, April 26, 2008

Allow myself...

It occurred to me after my Debian SMTP/AUTH/TLS blog that perhaps I should have introduced myself first. I have been at Foundstone for about 3 years as a principal consultant, and before that I was at Internet Security Systems (ISS) for about 5 years, and various places doing contract work before that. Mostly, I get paid to break stuff which is a pleasant departure from supporting, or even designing stuff... While at work I have had assignments ranging from the somewhat odd ("Hey, we just want you to hang out for 6 months and learn the network and look around.. talk to folks.. err.. yeah...") to the more straight forward ("Let's see how much control an attacker could gain over the network with no prior knowledge and a hot network jack - Oh.. you already have Domain Admin you say... =( ").

You might see me in Vegas towards the end of July each year. I am on staff for Defcon and Blackhat, and I have participated at Toorcon (*waves at Tim and Hikari), Shmoocon (<--don't love me anymore), and Phreaknic (shouts to Bro. Skydog and Bro. Decode, and the Lady Merlin [oh-ex-oh]).

And now that I've made a complete infantile fool of myself... peas out... =)

Carric Dooley
Meatshield
23B Goon Security Squad, Las Vegas, NV
"Buy this goon a beer!"

No comments: