Saturday, June 21, 2008

Redmond and Reading

Redmond Trade Center
<== Redmond Town Center

So, I said I would be going to Redmond, and it was great! It was about 62° F all week, and only rained a little. The people I met were very friendly, and I had a good time. Everyone made me feel very welcome.
New Friends

New Friends ==>

I made several new friends while I was there (some of the pictures didn't turn out so well - I am still learning how to use this new camera). I look forward to working with them!

After a week there, I was then scheduled to go to Microsoft UK for my orientation (or NEO as its called internally). This was very informative, and I have to say, Microsoft has the most amazingly comprehensive orientation and career planning systems I have ever seen (or even heard of).

TVP
<== Thames Valley Park

I am actually still in Reading right now, and it's delightful. I am very much looking forward to my move, which I think we are planning for July now. It's funny; I was running around with my hosting manager on Monday, and in the hall, lo and behold, who do I see? A GOON!! He graciously invited me to his pad where I enjoyed dinner with YET another Goon and his family! They were incredibly gracious, and I appreciated the hospitality.
Everywhere Goons!

Goons are everywhere ==>

Soon I'll be heading back to the states for the final push to move the fam to Reading. I am more pumped than ever!!

No comments: